Frequently Asked Questions
1.1. GENERAL - How to access to the creation tool?
First things first… How to get started?
Click on the “Start creating” button on the homepage or in the menu, or on the icon that represents a brush on the top bar. You can also access it from the menu.
1.2. GENERAL - What can I do in the creation tool?
The creation tool is divided into two parts: left part is for the preview of your textile, right part is for the settings, the placement options and the order information.
Once in there, you will be able to do the following:
- Uploading a design or choosing one from our public gallery.
- Determining the repeat options of the design on the fabric.
- Setting up the size of the design on the fabric.
- Choosing the type of fabric you would like to order.
- Setting up the length of the fabric
- Adding the fabric to your cart and cheking out once you are satisfied with what you see, or creating another custom fabric before doing so. The tax-included price is also displayed, so there is no surprise suring the check-out. Just bear in mind that you may also have to add the delivery costs, which vary depending on your location and the total amount of your order (see FAQ section 2.6. "SHIPPING - How does the shipping work?").
1.3. DESIGN - How to upload a file?
You have a great design that you would like to be printed on a fabric? Awesome! Here’s how to do:
1. Go to the creation tool.
2. Once you are in the creation tool, click on the space that says “Click or drop your file here to upload it”. It will open the folders on your computer. Go to the right one, select your design, and click on “open”. Or if your folder is already opened, you can simply drag and drop your image from the folder to the creation tool, as the sign suggested. :-)
3. You will be asked to confirm that you have all the rights on this design. If you do, check the box, and click on the “upload” button. If you don’t, you won’t be able to continue and you will need to choose another design which you actually have the rights on, or choose one from our common gallery.
4. Voilà! It’s uploaded! Now it's time to play with the settings to create your perfect fabric (see FAQ section 1.2. "GENERAL - What can I do in the creation tool?").
PS: make sure that format of the image you will upload is in .jpg, .gif or .png.
1.4. DESIGN - What kind of image can I upload?
Designs you have the rights on or copyrights-free designs.
You can upload anything! …as long as you have the rights on it.
We strongly advise you to upload exclusively designs that you have created yourself in order to avoid any legal issue. If you are not too inspired or if you do not know how to create your own design, remember that the Internet is a fabulous place where you can find amazing copyright-free designs! Just a few reminders:
- Some images on the web will require you a permission or a licence in order to print it. To avoid the problem, it is best to look for inspiration on free-stock pictures websites such as Freepik, Pexels, Pixabay, and so on, as the images on those websites are always free to use.
- Be aware that some free to use images are okay for personal use, but maybe not for commercial use. It is always better to check first what type of usage you have the right to do with an image you found on the web before uploading it.
If you decide to create your own design based on an existing source, be also careful about the following remarks:
- If you create a design that contains or refer to an element that is copyrighted by a third party (e.g. you drew the Disney logo), it may still be considered as a violation of copyrights laws.
- If you take an existing design that was not yours and change it a bit, it is still not considered that you own it or have the rights to use it.
If you wish anyway to upload a design that you do not own, we decline all responsibilities as we are only a service provider. You may use the copyrighted design at your own risk. Please remember you may be prosecuted by the copyright’s owner at any moment. For more information, do not hesitate to consult also our Terms and Conditions.
1.5. DESIGN - What type of file can I upload?
We accept files in .jpg, .gif and .png.
1.6. DESIGN - What resolution should my image be?
On Happy Sunday, the lowest resolution we accept is 150 dpi. As long as it doesn't go lower than that, your image will be printed just fine on the fabric!
(More information and advice about resolution to come)
2.1. PROCESS - How to place an order?
2. Confirm: once you are satisfied with your custom fabric, add it to your cart and proceed to check-out. You will be redirected to your cart where you wil be able to estimate your delivery costs and to use any promotion codes you may have. Once you are done, press "Order now".
3. Check-out: if you are not a member yet, you will need to fill in your account, contact, delivery and billing information. If you are already a membre, you just need to confirm the delivery and billing information. At any moment, you can still unfold the details of you cart by clicking on the "Your cart (x product(s)) ˅".
Done and ready? Make sur to review and accept the terms and conditions, and then click on "Payment".
4. Payment: choose your safe payment method. You can use a credit card or your PayPal account or make a bank transfer. If you choose the last option, your order will be confirmed after reception of your transfer, then.
5. Finalization: click on "Order", and you are good to go! We will process your order and send it to you. Your package will arrive within 2 to 10 business days (unless you live really far, like another continent far). For more information about the shipping conditions, please check the section 2.6. of this FAQ, "SHIPPING - How does the shipping work?".
2.2. PROCESS - How can I order a sample?
Of course, it is only natural that you would like to see what fabric looks like before ordering a whole batch of it! That is why you can order conveniently a sample of 22x22 cm to touch and feel the fabric first!
The sample comes with a flat cost of € 4.00. However, if you decide to order later at least 50 cm out of the same fabric, you can deduce those € 4.00 directly from the final price!
How to do that?
1. Go to the page "Order a sample".
2. Choose the design you want on your sample(s) and which fabric you would like a sample for.
3. Add it to your cart.
4. Process to check out (see steps 2 to 5 of the FAQ section 2.1. "PROCESS - How to place an order").
5. It will be mailed to you (for free!) and you will receive it approximately within 2 to 7 business days, depending if you live in Belgium or not.
6. Congrats! Now €4.00 will be automatically deduced from your next order of the same fabric!
2.3. PRICE - How much does it cost?
See the pricing chart here.
2.4. PRICE - Do you offer discounts?
- Happy Delivery: depending on the total amount of your order and your delivery address, you may be eligible for the Happy Delivery program, which means free shipping for you! More details in the FAQ section 2.6. "SHIPPING - How does the shipping work?".
- Refundable samples: remember also that if you have ordered a sample for €4.00, the same amount will be deduce directly on your next purchase. For more information, check the FAQ section 2.2. "PROCESS - How can I order a sample?".
- Sponsorship: as a member, you will receive a sponsorship link that you can send to your friends. If someone create an account using your link and if they make an order, you will both receive 5 free cm to redeem on any of your next orders. For more information, check the FAQ section 3.3. "How does the sponsorship program work?".
- Classic time-limited promotions: we occasionally make some special offerings and organize some contests to win lovely prizes. Stay tuned!
- Happy Designer: however, the best way to get regular discounts is up to yourself, with the Happy Designer program! Indeed, when you share a design with the community in the common gallery, you can win free centimeters of fabric each time someone else choose to print your design too! For more information, check the FAQ section 3.2. "How does the Happy Designer program work?".
2.5. PAYMENT - What payment methods can I use?
You can use the most common and safe payment methods for an e-shop website:
- Credit cards - MasterCard, Visa,...
- Wiring money - you will then receive by email all the details to wire your money securely, and your order will be approved once we will receive the transfer (this process can be a little bit longer than paying with the other payment solutions)
2.6. SHIPPING - How does the shipping work?
1. I live in Belgium - shipping by Bpost
- How much will my shipping cost?
- We try to reduce your shipping costs as much as possible by getting rid of all the unnecessary and expensive packaging. Your shipping will cost €3.90, no matter the weight of your package!
- What is Happy Delivery?
- Free shipping! If the total amount of your order is over €40.00, you are exempt of shipping costs!
- How long will it take to be shipped?
- As soon as we receive your payment, our team can start working on your fabric. It will take up to 1 to 3 business days to make sure your order is perfect and ready to go, and then 2 other business days for the package to get delivered to you. We try our best to have your order arrive at your door within a week.
2. I live in Europe - shipping by Bpost
- How much will my order cost?
- Depending on your country, the shipping costs can change. Usually, they should be around €10.90. You can check our Shipping Calculator to calculate the shipping cost for your country!
- What is Happy Delivery?
- Free shipping! If the total amount of your order is over €80.00, you are exempt of shipping costs!
- How long will it take to be shipped?
- As soon as we receive your payment, our team can start working on your fabric. It will take up to 1 to 3 business days to make sure your order is perfect and ready to go, and then up to 5 other business days for the package to get delivered to you. We try our best to have your order arrive at your door within 10 business days.
3. I don't live in Europe - shipping by DPD
- How much will my order cost?
- How long will it take to be shipped?
- As soon as we receive your payment, our team can start working on your fabric. It will take up to 1 to 3 business days to make sure your order is perfect and ready to go, and then up to 15 other business days for the package to get delivered to you. We try our best to have your order arrive at your door within 20 business days.
2.7. SHIPPING - Do you work with pick-up locations (Kiala, Colissimo, UPS,...)?
No, we only do direct delivery, in order to make the whole delivery process as smooth as possible.
2.8. SHIPPING - Can I track my shipping status online?
2.9. SHIPPING - Can I have an express shipping?
As we try to reduce the shipping cost as much as we can, we do not offer express shipping on our website for the moment. However, if you have a special inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us! We will do our best to accommodate you and get your custom fabric to you faster.
2.10 - CUSTOMER SERVICE - What is your return policy?
It depends of the nature of the return. Contact us in case of issue.
Your happiness and satisfaction is our number one priority. As your custom fabric is a unique item and cannot be return to a stock like traditional products, we are not entitled to accept returns or perform refunds, as stated in our terms and conditions, art. 11.
However, although we cannot guarantee a refund, we are always eager to listen to you and would be glad to assist you for any issue that you might encounter!
Depending on the case, we will find different solutions to ensure you get the fabric you ordered.
So do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question, complaint (we hope not), or comment (yes please, give us feedbacks!).
2.11. CUSTOMER SERVICE - Can I cancel an order?
Yes if you’ve just made the order, no if it’s been more than 6 hours. Contact us by phone: +32 493 82 19 51.
An order is usually batched during 6 hours before it is processed. During that time, you still have the possibility to cancel your order by contacting us by phone (+32 493 82 19 51). However, if your order has already been printed, it will not be possible to cancel it. You can still contact us to explain the situation, and we will try to find a solution together.
2.12. ORDER HISTORY - Where can I find my pas orders?
Is it mandatory to create an account?
Short answer: yes.
Detailed answer: we know, creating an account is not the funniest thing to do ever, but what if we had problem printing your fabric, or your order never arrived, or you want to make a change on your order, or …? Creating an account allows us to offer you a greater and faster customer service. It’s our job to prevent any issue to happen, and all we ask in return, is that you sign in, so we can assist you in a much smoother way. And of course, you can be sure there won’t be any spam. We hate spams too, as any normal human being.
Besides, when you want to order a new fabric, having an account makes the whole order process way faster and more convenient, since you don’t have to re-enter your information! Moreover, you will be able to take full advantage of all the possible ways to have discounts [lien vers la section FAQ ‘Orderding’ > ‘Do you offer discount?’] (because buying a fabric is nice, but buying it for cheaper is sweeter).
Another nice perk of having an account is that you can save your favorite designs [lien vers la section FAQ ‘Membership’ > ‘Where can I find the designs I “liked” while browsing the gallery?’] from the common gallery by liking them, and keep in your account ideas for your next projects.
4.1. How can I sell my designs on Happy Sunday
You have a ton of ideas for fabric design and you would like to share them with the community and even earn extra cash with them? Awesome! Get in touch with us and let's see how we can set up a partnership! You can then become one of our featured designers and appear in our communication media (Happy Mag, newsletter, social media,...).
Go to our contact page to get started!
Recommended needles and threads
Pour que les finitions de votre projet soient parfaites, il est important de bien choisir la bonne aiguille de machine à coudre ! Chaque matière doit être cousu avec une aiguille de la bonne taille : Plus le tissu est léger, plus il faudra utiliser une aiguille fine pour ne pas casser les fibres et ne pas laisser des trous visibles. A l'inverse, plus le tissu est épais comme le jeans, plus il vaudra mieux choisir une aiguille épaisse pour éviter les risques qu’elle se casse.
La taille d’une aiguille est indiquée par deux numéros : 70/10, 80/12, 90/14…
Le premier correspond à la notation européenne. Les aiguilles sont numérotées de 60 à 110. Il indique le diamètre du corps de l’aiguille exprimé en 100ème de millimètre. Une aiguille de 90 fait 90/100 de millimètres.
Le second indique la taille dans le système américain (sur une échelle arbitraire). Plus ces nombres sont élevés, plus l’aiguille est épaisse.
Crêpe de soie 60,65
Lorsque vous devez coudre plus de 2 épaisseurs, augmentez le numéro.
abric Oz./Sq.Yd. Grams/Sq Mtr. Thread Tex Sizes Needle Sizes
Ex-Light 2 – 4 oz. 68 – 136gr. Tex 16, 18, 21, 24 60, 65
Light 4 – 6 oz. 136 – 204gr. Tex 24, 27, 30 70, 75
Medium 6 – 8 oz 204 – 272gr. Tex 30, 35, 40 80, 90, 100
Med. Heavy 8 – 10 oz. 272 – 339gr. Tex 40, 45, 50, 60 100, 110
Heavy 10 – 12 oz 339 – 407gr. Tex 60, 80, 90, 105 120, 140
Ex-Heavy 12 – 14oz 407 – 475gr. Tex 105, 120, 135 + 140, 160
6.1. What does linear meter mean?
A linear a meter is a unit of amount, and it is used to determine the amount of fabric you order. It refers to the length of the piece of the fabric, as the width always stays the same.
For instance, if you order 1 linear meter of poplin, it means that you order a piece of fabric of 1,50 meters wide and 1 meter long (because our poplin is available on a 1,50 meter-wide basis).
Can other members see my profile?
Can I contact other members?
How to add a design to my favorites list?
To add a design to your favorite list, you need to click on the heart on the upper right corner of the design. The heart turns white, meaning it has been added to your favorites in your profile.
Can I share the designs in the gallery on the social media?
Yes. To share a design on your social media, you can use the share button on the upper left corner of the design you would like to share and select the social media of your choice.
How can I stay updated about Happy Sunday’s news?
You can subscribe to our newsletter on our website to receive an e-mail when something new and exciting happens but also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
What is Happy Mag?
We created a place where we can share a little bit of us with our customers. We wanted to be able to tell the Happy Family about everything new happening for Happy Sunday but also share our tips or creations! Just a great way for people to get a glance inside the Happy Team and their work!